One of the most complicated and difficult things to achieve during pregnancy is to sleep well. If you are pregnant, you have probably spent more than a whole night tossing and turning in bed, trying to fall asleep. Sometimes it’s simply because the pregnant ladies do not get the ideal position, sometimes because lumber or stomach aches and pains do not let you breathe, while at the same time, they worry about what position to adopt without causing any discomfort to the baby.
As the months go by, the belly grows in size, and with that, falling asleep and the rest needed becomes increasingly difficult, but do not worry! Currently, there are pillows for pregnant women, which can provide you the much-needed rest and support. For this reason, we bring for you the best U shaped body pillows reviews and buyer guide so you may know which one to go with.
Table of Contents
Best U Shaped Body Pregnancy Pillows Reviews 2021
Being pregnant is, no doubt, a happy phase of every women’s life. But it does comes with a great share of trials and makes life a bit difficult. Women have to battle with sickness and nausea throughout this period. This makes sleeping quite harder. For the better growth of the baby, the mother needs to have proper sleep. The best way to deal with such discomforts is to invest in a pregnancy pillow.
A U shaped body pregnancy pillow alleviates the pregnancy-related sleep issue. It props you in a relaxed and comfortable position. Moreover, it supports the growing bump. This eases the pressure on the back and hips. Such a pillow comes with great benefits. To help you with finding the right one, we have reviewed the top products of this category. This way, you can know which one will work best for you.
Top U Shaped Body Pregnancy Pillows Comparison Table
Weight: 6.99 pounds
Dimension: 55 x 31 x 7 inches
Weight: 10.1 pounds
Dimension: 26 x 12 x 10.2 inches
Weight: 6.55 pounds
Dimension: 27.9 x 9.4 x 8.9 inches
Weight: 7.23 pounds
Dimension: 56 x 32 x 2 inches
Weight: 7.6 pounds
Dimension: 17.8 x 13.2 x 9.5 inches
Weight: 7.67 pounds
Dimension: 20.9 x 18.1 x 4.1 inches
Weight: 5.95 pounds
Dimension: 16.8 x 14.1 x 5.6 inches
Weight: 7.55 pounds
Dimension: 53 x 31 x 7 inches
Weight: 9.3 pounds
Dimension: 16.8 x 13 x 7 inches
Weight: 12.15 pounds
Dimension: 19.4 x 13.1 x 9.5 inches
1) AngQi COMIN18JU068740: Best Budget U Shaped Body Pregnancy Pillow
The design was developed by people suffering from back pain and lateral/posterior sleepers, ideal for all, especially men and new moms. With this sleeping mate, you can have a perfect dream at night. AngQi pillows take the place of multiple pillows to help support the head, neck, hips, back, abdomen, and legs. It is ideal for those suffering from rheumatoid arthritis and during pregnancy. You can also mold it into different shapes to get your desired position.
This state of the art pregnancy pillow comes with an extra-plush to offer you a cloud-like comfort. The luxurious jersey has an upscale look and feel. Its high-quality construction keeps it firm, and this way, you won’t have any maintenance stress. The softcover keeps you cool through the night. Also, if you like to flip around while sleeping, then you don’t feel restricted with it. It holds you perfectly while sleeping. Your body won’t be aching after using it. The pillow is flexible and provides you cozy support. The fabric isn’t scratchy at all.
- It conforms to the design of the natural curves of your body.
- Come with a removable and machine washable cotton cover, easy to put on and take off.
- U-shaped pillows relieve the painful pressure associated with injuries and relieve tension in the joints.
- It helps with arthritis, fibromyalgia, and other body pains.
- The extra-long midsection offers tummy support. It keeps your hips and spine in a natural position.
- It boosts blood circulation.
- Moreover, it prevents heartburn and sciatica.
- The hollow poly-fiber offers you a body-hugging comfort.
- It comes with an adjustable poly-fill, and thus you can add or remove it as per your preferences.
- It adjusts to the body temperature.
- The case is hypoallergenic.
- The breathable outer cover is dust mite resistant.
- Size: 55in
- Color: U-gray
- Product Dimensions: 55 x 31 x 7 inches
- Item Weight: 6.99 pounds
Pros & Cons
- Full body support
- Not only for pregnant women, but it also supports other pain-related issues
- Multi-functional, flexible and durable
- Comfy, plush and super stretchy
- The pillow isn’t washable
- Big in size hard to move
2) ComfySure Pregnancy Pillow: Best U Shaped Maternity and Nursing Cushion
Although designed for pregnant or breastfeeding mothers, this U-shaped body pillow also helps those who sleep on their sides, offering them impressive support for the belly, arms, and neck. Moreover, it relieves pain and discomfort. You can use it as a cushion to rest or read, or to watch television. It is perfect for babies to rest while breastfeeding. This extra-large full body pillow is ideal even for queen and king size beds.
This large and elastic product has an excellent quality filling, which is very soft and comfortable at the time of use. To clean, simply throw the pillow in the washing machine in a cold and delicate cycle. It also comes with an additional replacement cover, so you can enjoy longer use even if the cover fades a little. It is a very light pillow that can be easily changed from one place to another. Furthermore, it cradles and wraps you on both sides.
- It offers lumbar support, prevents sleep replacement, and relieves pain associated with sciatica, gastric reflux, and more.
- This pillow is made of 100% polyester and is ideal even for people with allergies and sensitive skin or other medical conditions.
- Easily adapts to your joints in the bed, preventing incorrect postures of feet, legs, knees, cervical, neck, hips.
- The filling is cotton, and so it does not deform so easily.
- Its cover is removable and washable that has a safety zipper.
- It retains its shape.
- The hollow fiber interior offers you a cushioning effect.
- It allows you to breathe easier.
- The U shaped design boosts blood circulation.
- Size: Full Size With Jersey Knit Cover
- Package Dimensions: 26 x 12 x 10.2 inches
- Item Weight: 10.1 pounds
Pros & Cons
- Super comfy filling
- Plush and firm
- Relieve aches and pain
- Takes up a lot of space
- Some customers found the cover fabric a bit crisp.
3) Samay 1EU-SAMAY-U-PILLOW-WHITE: Best U Shaped Pillow With Easy On-Off Zippered Cover
Say goodbye to the sleepless nights. With its unique design, this comfy and soft pillow creates a cuddly sleeping environment for you. It reduces night time aches of the pregnant ladies. You will have a soothing feeling while sleeping with it. It fluffs up nicely on unpacking. The soft material can be curved in any style you desire. It conforms to your body’s shape. It is huggable and comes with a perfect density.
The pillow surrounds your whole body comfortably, no matter what position you sleep in. Moreover, it keeps its fluff and shape. You will feel relieved from various health issues after using it. On unpacking, the pillow isn’t full, and it might look delicate to you as it’s vacuum-sealed. But within 1-2 days, the pillow perks up, and the flatness goes way. Its firmness will relieve your aching body.
- It offers you a 360 body support.
- The high PP cotton construction relieves joint and muscle pain.
- It prevents rheumatoid and congestion. Moreover, it alleviates back pain, gastric reflux, and fibromyalgia.
- The cover is hypoallergenic and breathable. It is zippered and is quite easy to clean.
- The durable material lasts longer.
- It maintains the perfect body temperature.
- The pillow offers impressive spinal alignment.
- Item Weight: 6.55 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 27.9 x 9.4 x 8.9 inches
- Material Type: Cotton
Pros & Cons
- Lightweight, firm, breathable, hypoallergenic
- Machine washable
- You can use it after pregnancy too.
- Easy to maneuver
- Not recommend for tall people
- The pillow ends aren’t curved, and thus, keeping them between your legs becomes difficult.
4) Puredown PD-MAP-17018-A: Best Adjustable U-shaped Body Pillow
This pillow offers you back and tummy support at the same time. It provides you comfortable sleeping position. You can happily sink into this monster-sized pillow. With its ergonomic design, it offers an impressive level of comfort and holds you up superbly. You won’t feel sweaty while using it. The ends can be moved on the side, or you can also move them away if you want to.
It helps with sleep apnea. Moreover, it prevents you from tossing and turning the whole night. The zippered cover offers washing ease. You can use it for nursing, breastfeeding, reading, watching TV, or just relaxing. It works superbly in all cases. Furthermore, it is flexible and also quite easy to store. It is fluffy, and you will surely enjoy cuddling with it.
- It reduces night time aches and pains.
- The inner edges offer impressive back and belly support.
- It maintains the safest positions for mother and baby by preventing the pregnant ladies from rolling on their backs.
- The outer cover offers easy washing.
- You can use it to elevate your head or tuck it between your knees.
- It helps you get rid of joint strain and pain.
- The cover comes with zippers, which you can remove for washing.
- It is hypoallergenic.
- It offers support for chronic conditions.
- Moreover, it reduces pressure on the hips.
- Color: Blue
- Product Dimensions: 56 x 32 x 2 inches
- Item Weight: 7.23 pounds
Pros & Cons
- Super soft and supportive
- Relieves discomfort
- Multipurpose features
- The light color pillowcase makes strain visible
- Massive sized product
5) Awesling Full Body Pillow: Best U Shape Lounger With Detachable Side Pillow
It gives you impressive adjust-ability options. This way, you find the best way to have a comfortable night’s sleep. This longer pillow offers you and extra support and likewise can help you prop up your heavy bump. You can also elevate your legs. The cozy cushion embraces your body. It hugs you, and you will enjoy snuggling in it.
Moreover, the soft fabric doesn’t retain heat. You can add or remove the stuffing to get your desired support. Also, it doesn’t lose its firmness level even after continual usage. You will feel like a cozy hug while sleeping with it. It doesn’t produce any odor. Altogether the brilliant softness and comfort level of this excellent product will amaze you.
- It comes with a bonus ergonomic pillow.
- The straps keep the pillow in place.
- Its zippers offer easy maintenance.
- You can add or remove filling.
- It relives head, arms, back, belly, shoulder, feet, and ankles pain.
- The curve bottom support thigh, knees, and back
- Its soft fabric doesn’t retain heat.
- You can remove the side and use it as a C shaped pillow too.
- By offering elevation for legs, it helps in boosting blood circulation.
- Color: Grey
- Package Dimensions: 17.8 x 13.2 x 9.5 inches
- Item Weight: 7.6 pounds
Pros & Cons
- Fully adjustable
- Comes with an ergonomic pillow
- Removable side piece
- The straps aren’t adjustable in weight
- A bit bulky
6) Meiz 65″: Best Full Body Pregnancy Pillow With Velvet Cover
This extra plush pillow allows you to sleep in any position you desire. It follows your body’s natural shape, and this way relieves you from various discomforts. This great height pillow supports your entire body brilliantly. This way, you can sleep comfortably while your little one grows inside you. You will feel like floating on a cloud. It is perfectly proportioned to you.
The lightweight pillow cover doesn’t irritate the skin. Its zippers won’t interfere with your sleep. The pillow is nicely filled and has a lot of cushions. Moreover, it does not produce any smell. You can rearrange it the way you desire. The cool cover doesn’t stick to the clothes. Also, its flexibility is stunning. This product can be maximized and used in multiple ways. You can use it as a breastfeeding pillow too.
- The zippered cover is easily washable.
- The premium 7D fiber filling is supportive and offers you an extra soft feel.
- It relieves joint pain, back pain, and leg swelling.
- The ergonomic design aligns the spine perfectly.
- It is hypoallergenic.
- The long arms offer full support.
- Its inner cover is soft and brushed cotton.
- The double zippers make the cover stay in its place, and this way, it won’t scratch your skin.
- It prevents pressure on the liver.
- You can prop it up to enjoy the belly, back, knee, hip, or head support.
- It is adjustable, scent-free, and regulates the body temperature brilliantly.
- Size: 65 Inch
- Color: Blue
- Package Dimensions: 20.9 x 18.1 x 4.1 inches
- Item Weight: 7.67 pounds
Pros & Cons
- Flexible, supportive, reliable and versatile
- Extra soft and fluffy
- Therapeutic effect for everyone
- It can cause sweating.
- It takes up a lot of space.
7) MoMA Pregnancy Pillow: Best Top Rated U Shaped Body Pregnancy Pillow
It’s U shaped design hugs your body comfortably. Also, it replaces the need for multiple pillows. This product is brilliant for relaxing, reading and watching TV too. The soft fabric isn’t scratchy. You can fold the sides and rest your knees on them. Its wonderful design makes switching sides and stretching out quite easy for you. Moreover, it keeps its form. The back and front support make rolling over hassle-free.
You can move it the way it fits you. It’s all positions feel great. The pillow wraps around your body and makes you secure, relaxed, and comfortable. It won’t cause any neck creaks. Neither would it dig onto your back while sleeping. Also, it is sweat-absorbent and breathable. This way, you can have a cool sleep. The zippers in the pillow make their way to put on and off. You can wash the pillowcase in the washing machine and dry it without any hassle.
- It offers you a head to toe support.
- The polyester filling is hypoallergenic.
- It is breathable and sweats absorbent.
- The detachable pillowcase offers easy to wash.
- It supports the back, neck, shoulders, and legs.
- The filling doesn’t show any sign of flattening.
- It takes off pressure from the legs.
- It’s soft and fluffy.
- Package Dimensions: 16.8 x 14.1 x 5.6 inches
- Item Weight: 5.95 pounds
Pros & Cons
- Easy adjustments
- Breathable and anti-allergic pillow
- Versatile and cozy
- Consumes much space
- Some customers complaint that bending it a lot results in a flat spot at the bedding point.
8) PharMeDoc Pregnancy Pillow: Best U Shaped Body Pregnancy Pillow Overall (Our Top Pick)
PharMeDoc, with its impressive U shaped pregnancy pillow, ensures that you enjoy a relaxed sleep and execute your day with full energy. This way, it offers you a sense of satisfaction and well-being. It is made from quality fabric and is thus durable. The poly filling gives this pillow a comfortable loft. It supports your body and reduces discomfort. The zippered cover holds the pillow well.
This detachable extension offers great benefits. You can lay your arms on it and flat it by your side. It also surrounds your body. Pregnant ladies who desire support from all around will find it quite helpful. It takes away all the pressure, and this way allows you to relax. You need not worry about the cleaning process as it’s straightforward. The pillow isn’t good for sleeping only. You can chill sitting around too. It keeps its form.
- It relieves discomfort and pain. Moreover, it supports your head, neck, back, knees, and hips.
- This pillow comes with a detachable extension. You can remove it to convert the U shaped pillow to C shaped.
- The detachable extension offers impressive back and belly support. You can remove it for use as a separate body too.
- It relieves sciatica, fibromyalgia, and gastric reflux.
- The cotton cover is hypoallergenic and machine washable.
- Its double stitch seams prevent it from ripping.
- The sturdy zippers hold together the cover perfectly.
- The cover is hypoallergenic and anti-itch. Thus it won’t be harmful to your skin.
- It is free from harmful toxins.
- Color: Cooling Cover
- Size: Detachable
- Product Dimensions: 53 x 31 x 7 inches
- Item Weight: 7.55 pounds
Pros & Cons
- Anti-itch cover
- Detachable extension offers greats support
- Multipurpose pillow
- The stuffing flattens out after some time.
- Some customers complained that the zipper was a bit irritating.
9) QUEEN ROSE Pregnancy Pillow: Best Pregnancy Pillow Bamboo With Detachable Design
This huge pillow allows you to stretch and spread out comfortably. It aids you in enjoying a relaxed sleep. You will love its painless and relaxing experience. People with medical and orthopedic conditions can get great benefit and comfort from it. The cover dyes are free from toxic substances. Removing the cover is quite easy. Unzip it and put it off. The case offers a kind of plush feeling.
Also, the filling retains its fluffiness even after longer use. It is soft and hugs your body brilliantly. No doubt, this is the perfect fit. You can rollover comfortably and won’t need to reposition it every time. The cozy pillow holds the stuffing perfectly. Its bend-ability is superb and offers multiple uses.
- It relieves fibromyalgia, congestion, gastric reflux, and sciatica pain.
- The pillow eliminates leg pain.
- It improves blood circulation.
- Moreover, it supports your head, neck, hips, and stomach.It offers hip alignment.
- The cover is hypoallergenic, soft, and silky. Also, it’s removable. You can wash it easily.
- It makes switching positions easy throughout the night.
- The cooling cotton offers temperature control.
- It allows you to maintain a proper posture while sleeping.
- Size: 55in
- Color: Green
- Package Dimensions: 16.8 x 13 x 7 inches
- Item Weight: 9.3 pounds
Pros & Cons
- Supportive, flexible and durable
- Pain relief
- Soft fabric cover
- The legs slip out on the pillow overnight.
- The fabric retains some heat.
10) Milliard Pillow: Best U Shaped Pillow With Customizable Cushion Support
The pillow holds its form quite well. It is ergonomic and offers you customized support. You will find it comfy for various positions. Readjusting positions are quite easy with this pillow. It retains its shape. The super-soft and comfy arms are amazing.
The external fabric and the stuffing both feel soft and firm. You will witness a great betterment in your sleep quality after using it. If you want to train yourself for side sleeping, then do give it a shot.
- The cover has zippers and it washable.
- You can add or remove foam to make it more or less firm.
- It supports your whole body, especially the neck, shoulders, head, back, knees, and arms.
- It relieves joints and muscle tension.
- Moreover, it improves body blood circulation.
- It is breathable.
- The ultra-soft fabric makes you sweat-free.
- It eliminates lower back pain.
- It also relieves pregnancy-related soreness.
- The switching side is much easy.
- Package Dimensions: 19.4 x 13.1 x 9.5 inches
- Item Weight: 12.15 pounds
Pros & Cons
- Cushioned memory foam
- Impressive back support
- Easy to wash the cover
- Super soft and comfy
- It is hot
- The neck part is quite big.
Buyer’s Guide Tips to Choose the Best U Shaped Body Pregnancy Pillow
During pregnancy, especially in the last trimester of pregnancy, many women feel tired due to the discomfort, nausea, and back pain they experience and that at bedtime seems to multiply. Therefore, rest and equipment used to sleep are essential for the welfare of both mother and baby.
They are made to fully adapt to the body shape of pregnant women and provide a perfect fit to the back, belly, hips, and legs when the woman lies down. They not only reduce the possibility of moving too much in bed but also relieve pelvis, hip, and back and other pains.
How to Choose the Best U Shaped Body Pregnancy Pillow?
Make sure that the pillow that you are going to buy is made of cotton or polyester hypoallergenic, as this makes them breathable.
Support and Versatility
Pregnancy pillows come with different support and firmness options. A firmer pillow alleviates hip and back pain, while a plush one offers you an added comfort.
They differ in the stuffing and cover material used.
Some of the most common fill materials used are poly fiber, memory foam, microbead, and high-density foam. The poly fiber feels fluffy and offers impressive airflow. The memory foam offers amazing contouring properties. Microbeads are usually used in smaller pillows. The high-density foam is best for growing belly.
Cotton and polyester are mostly used in the cover. The cotton is breathable and can be superb if you sweat a lot. At the same time, the polyester is durable and stretchy.
Make sure the cover is removable, so it is easy to wash it.
Warranty and Return Policy
If the pillow comes with a warranty or return policy, then you can return it in case of any damage, which makes the investment on it quite safe.
For maximum support, get the larger one, but if you on a bed less than the king-size, then you will need to buy the smaller pillow.
How to Use Pillows for Pregnant Women Correctly?
Once you have found a pillow that meets your needs and tastes, using it properly is also very important. Almost all pillows are designed to sleep on your side, the most appropriate posture for your pregnancy status.
Support Your Neck Well:
When you sleep on your side, supporting your head and neck is important, so your spine will remain as straight as possible. Most pillows for pregnant women will allow you to support your neck on them and adopt a posture to lie well aligned.
Support the Pillow Under Your Belly:
While you are lying on your side, gently lift your tummy and fit a part of your pillow for pregnant women. This position will make you feel lighter and more comfortable. There are pregnancy pillows for back and stomach sleepers too.
Place the Pillow Between Your Legs:
Sleeping with a part of the pillow between the legs and knees will eliminate pressure on the back and belly, as well as improving circulation. Maternity body pillows also offer impressive comfort.
Elevate the Knees:
As an option to the previous position, you can also place your knees on the pillow to get more rest in the legs avoiding swelling.
Make Sure Your Back is Well Supported:
You can also have the pregnancy pillows for back pain to get maximum back support. This will give you relief and comfort in your back, besides avoiding that you want to turn your position face up in the middle of the night. Finally, rest your head on the top of the pillow so that you have a very good night.
There is a wide range of designs to ensure relaxation, rest, and avoid muscle and joint pain, heartburn, and other discomforts typical of pregnancy. Manufacturers of pillows for pregnant women are concerned and careful to select the best materials to make cushions comfortable, soft, easy to wash, and also allows pregnant women to place in good positions neck, back, belly, and legs. The U-shaped pillow offers the advantage of favoring a better position for each part of the body, which allows relaxation and the conciliation of sleep more easily.
It may cost a bit to adapt to the use of this type of pillow, so it is best to do it slowly. By using a pillow like this, you get to sleep all night without interruptions and without pain. Remember that rest is one of the essential recommendations for a healthy pregnancy. By and large, the best U shaped body pregnancy pillows promote comfort and good position when resting both for the spine and for the belly.