Going to bed after a hectic day doesn’t just mean that you lie on the couch and close your eyes. These sleeping hours mean that your body and mind take refuge in a bed that is as comfortable as the mother’s lap. All the bed accessories have to be chosen with great care. The most significant of all these are the pillows. Most of the people complain about a stiff and painful neck when they wake up in the morning. In such cases, the best pillows for neck support & pain will be much beneficial for you.
Neck issues are becoming a common problem among people of all ages. To get rid of the similar issues, it is essential to buy a perfect pillow that can help in keeping the neck in the right position and at the same time, can help in curing neck complications. Usually, the neck pillows are referred to as the ergonomic cervical pillows that play a pivotal role in alleviating neck pain of all sorts. These pillows come in different sizes and shapes. The materials inside the neck pillows are also of various types. In case of severe and complicated cervical issues, medical advice becomes a must.
Best Pillows for Neck Support & Pain 2020 Reviews
Waking up with a stiffed or a sore neck is quite painful — Neck pain can affect people of any page. Your pillow and also the sleeping pillow can be a cause of this pain. Stomach sleepers mostly face neck pain. You can eliminate or improve your neck pain in your waking hours by doing neck strain exercises; stretching may also work.
Keep yourself hydrated, have a proper diet, and be in good posture throughout the day. Don’t bend over the phone and computer; this will worsen your neck ache. Maintain ergonomic safety measures at your workplace to avoid disturbances in the bio-mechanics of the neck, head, and other parts of the body. Neck pain sufferers should avoid feather, down, or buckwheat pillows, precluding you can change the filler type to prevent pain.
The neck pillows help you get rid of the pain by supporting your neck and the spine’s natural curvature. They provide you the support and pressure relief to enjoy a night of quality sleep. This results in reducing sleep disruptions. If you are planning to buy the best neck pillows, then the following review can be of great help. This guide focuses on the comfy pillows that will help you alleviate the neck pain.
Top Pillows for Neck Support & Pain Comparison Table
Weight: 4.45 pounds
Dimension: 16 x 7 x 7 inches
Weight: 3.5 pounds
Dimension: 30 x 20 x 8 inches
Weight: 3.35 pounds
Dimension: 15.3 x 7.7 x 7.1 inches
Weight: 3.9 pounds
Dimension: 26 x 17 x 6 inches
Weight: 3.35 pounds
Dimension: 24 x 13.8 x 4.3 inches
Weight: 3.45 pounds
Dimension: 14.4 x 5.9 x 5.7 inches
Weight: 7.25 pounds
Dimension: 17.9 x 11.4 x 5.8 inches
Weight: 3.5 pounds
Dimension: 16.6 x 6.8 x 6.8 inches
Weight: 3 pounds
Dimension: 25 x 15 x 4 inches
Weight: 2.9 pounds
Dimension: 24.4 x 13 x 4.7 inches
1) Sweetnight SN-P003-K: Best Adjustable Loft & Neck Pain Relief King Size Pillow
This impressive pillow offers you the much-needed neck pain relief. The pillow provides you extraordinary comfort. It has a therapeutic design that supports the spine and neck alignment. You will surely turn less at night and feel more refreshed the next morning. It conforms to your head. Its stylish pattern and a thicker and more firm feel make it unique. Also, the outer cover is nice and pretty attractive. Furthermore, it has no chemical smell.
Pregnant women can also enjoy a healthy sleep with this pillow as it offers you the ability to adjust its height or loft by taking out the stuffing. It cradles your head and neck brilliantly. Moreover, it feels great to touch. The customer service is brilliant. If you face any issues, do contact them, and your queries will be resolved shortly. Altogether this fantastic product is soft, firm cool and comfortable.
- It offers neck and back pain relief.
- The pillow offers impressive alignment of the spine.
- This highly breathable pillow comes in a rayon cotton cover that can be washed easily.
- The high-density foam never gets flatten.
- It comes with two zippers design.
- It is hypoallergenic and dust mite resistant. Moreover, it doesn’t come with any harmful substances like mercury, formaldehyde, etc. thus, it helps in combating the bacteria, allergies, etc.
- You can change the loft and fluffiness by removing the internal filling.
- Material Type: Memory Foam
- Size: King
- Product Dimensions: 16 x 7 x 7 inches
- Item Weight: 4.45 pounds
Pros & Cons
- Soft and supportive
- Adjustable loft capability
- Hypoallergenic and dust mite resistant.
- Breathable and airy
- Some customers find it overstuffed.
- Gives off smell initially, but this smell fades off after some time.
2) Coop Home Goods 5929842: Best Neck Support Pillow With Hypoallergenic Fill
Now you won’t be waking up in the middle of the night due to the discomforts. This pillow offers amazing comfort plus brilliant functionality. Due to the breathable construction, it does not retain heat. The memory foam contours to your head’s shape and weight, and this way, it relieves neck pain. Thus you enjoy a pleasant sleeping experience. Moreover, it offers impressive ventilation, and you won’t have any issues breathing.
Also, it allows you to maintain the right sleeping position. It cradles you without lumps. The pillow makes laying head quite pleasurable. The high-quality material offers marvelous durability. Its quilted cover gives it a nice touch. Also, this washable cover is easy to put on and off. It comes with extra foam and also the instructions to add or remove them. Furthermore, it is easy to store.
- It has a durable cover that is made up of a combination of bamboo and polyester.
- The pillow offers a brilliant balance between support and comfort as it features a cross-cut memory along with a coated fiber.
- It has a two-way stretch material that offers you maximum stretch-ability. This way, it contours to your body’s shape.
- You can adjust the comfort by adding or removing the foam.
- It is dust mite resistant and hypoallergenic. Thus people with allergies can sleep comfortably on it.
- It is machine washable.
- The shredded memory foam enhances ventilation, and this way, it prevents it from bad odors.
- The pillow offers you the right alignment.
- Its outer case is crafted from bamboo that enhances breath-ability.
- Size: Queen
- Product Dimensions: 30 x 20 x 8 inches
- Item Weight: 3.5 pounds
Pros & Cons
- Lightweight, supportive and plush
- Fully adjustable and easy customization and maintenance.
- Eco-friendly and user-friendly
- Feels soft
- Gets flattered with time.
- It gives off some smell initially, but the smell goes off soon.
3) EPABO ECT-01: Best Ergonomic Cervical Pillow for Neck Pain
It contours to your body and especially the neck, resulting in pain reduction. The pillow has an ergonomic design that supports and cradles your neck, head, and shoulders. It allows you to sleep deeper. This way, you will wake up fresh. Moreover, it improves sleep postures. Due to the breathable memory foam and fiber construction, it regulates surface temperature, and thus guards you against moisture.
You can remove the inner core with the help of high-quality side zippers. Also, it much effective against snoring. It is made from chemical-free material. You can comfortably switch from one sleeping position to another without much effort with this pillow. It is neither too high nor too low. The raised side is brilliant for side sleeping. It is cushiony and also eliminates back fatigue.
- The memory foam is removable, and thus you can adjust the height.
- The contour design, not only offers you the perfect support but also aligns your head, shoulder neck, and back.
- The breathable foam offers impressive air circulation and keeps you dry and cool.
- The hypoallergenic cover case offers dust mite protection.
- It feels smooth and soft.
- The orthopedic design prevents tension due to uncomfortable nights of sleep
- It boosts blood circulation.
- Size: 24*15*4.8 INCH (Queen Size)
- Color: White
- Package Dimensions: 15.3 x 7.7 x 7.1 inches
- Item Weight: 3.35 pounds
Pros & Cons
- Adjustable, breathable and eco-friendly foam
- Ergonomic cervical pillow
- Non-toxic and safe
- The pillow itself isn’t machine washable.
- Putting back the pillowcase on the pillow is a bit challenging.
4) Sleep Artisan Natural: Best Pillows for Neck Support & Pain Overall (Our Top Pick)
It is made from the best quality materials. You can add or remove the fill to get your desired fit. The manufacturers haven’t used any chemical foam, and thus it is non-toxic. It has an ergonomic design and fits snugly against the neck, heads, and shoulders. This offers you a healthy and eco-friendly option.
Moreover, it relieves strain from your shoulders. Its natural latex makes it stays inflated and upright. Also, the antimicrobial protection makes sure that it is pure and safe to use. It is soft, fluffy, and bouncy. Furthermore, the insert is stretchy and silky. You will surely have a cooler sleep experience with it. It elevates the head correctly. The pillow is sturdy and comes in a cute bag.
- It keeps its shape and thus never goes flat.
- The wonderful construction of the pillow supports the head, neck, and back muscles.
- It offers perfect spinal alignment.
- It has a blend of poly silk and natural Latex, which make it nonallergic, dust mite resistant, and an anti-microbial.
- It’s organic.
- The zippered pillow cover is of polyester and organic cotton and is fully customizable.
- It offers excellent ventilation, and thus you won’t be sweaty while sleeping.
- It does not produce any chemical smell.
- Size: Standard
- Product Dimensions: 26 x 17 x 6 inches
- Item Weight: 3.9 pounds
Pros & Cons
- Luxurious, soft, customizable, and supportive.
- Natural latex
- Hypoallergenic fill and washable cover.
- Visible writing on the pillow
- Some users found the filling texture a bit uncomfortable
5) Wonwo 8541801955: Best Orthopedic Contour Sleeping Pillow with Breathable Cover
This contour pillow comes in the perfect size and likewise caters to the needs of the disturbed sleepers. The foam maintains the shape you desire. It has a breathable outer cover that offers your a refreshing sleeping environment. Furthermore, it eliminates snoring and breathing problem. This way, you enjoy a peaceful sleep. The primary material in this orthopedic pillow repaints impressive softness levels. It improves your body shape and is made to last longer. The soft and light material feels great.
The pillow allows you to sleep soundly while keeping your neck in a proper position. This way, you will awake the next morning pain-free. You can cradle your head comfortably in the middle of the pillow. It comes in a carrying case that you can take while traveling as you won’t want to leave your place without it for sure. The stitching is quite sturdy. You can fold it for storage purposes. It regains its shape easily. Try it, and your neck will surely feel much better than before.
- The ergonomic design follows the contour of your neck and head, offering you the maximum support and comfort.
- It is made from CertiPUR-US certified memory foam.
- Its premium safe material prevents it from getting hard in cold weather.
- It offers impressive moisture evaporation and air circulation.
- The material is non-toxic.
- The cover is dust-proof and machine washable.
- This cervical pillow support muscle relaxation. Moreover, it eliminates the neck, shoulder, and back pain.
- The gentle sloping of this pillow offers impressive alignment.
- The cover is machine washable and hypoallergenic.
- Product Dimensions: 24 x 13.8 x 4.3 inches
- Item Weight: 3.35 pounds
Pros & Cons
- Offer exceptional breath-ability
- Safe, comfortable and premium quality material
- Two wave design with lower and taller side.
- Cervical protection areas
- Some customers wished it was a bit bigger
6) Mkicesky Memory Foam Pillow: Best Top Rated Pillows for Neck Support & Pain
With its outstanding design and unique shape, this pillow offers you premium comfort and support. The shoulder cutaways work brilliantly in relieving the lower neck tension. Its firm foam works like therapy for many users. The butterfly shape adapts to your body. Also, the necks roll area supports your neck curve impressively. It is well-constructed and meets your sleeping habits. Furthermore, the foam doesn’t lose its springiness.
It is orthopedic and allows your muscles to relax comfortably. This way, you can have a rest and wake up the next morning more refreshed. People with stiffed neck will get a great benefit from it as it allows you to sleep with a proper posture. The user-friendly design allows you to stay cool and firm. Also, it won’t collapse with time. It comes with a perfect height and hardness. You won’t feel any pain or sore feeling on your neck after using it. The pillow is quite flexible with all sleeping positions.
- The innovative hole in the pillow center fits your head. While the sloping contour below it offers impressive spinal alignment by cradling your neck.
- The subtle cutaways along the bottom fit your shoulders and maintain a proper position for them.
- There is a slightly higher support on the other side. It is for people who have a bit different anatomical configuration.
- It relieves pressure on the skull.
- The foam maintains an ideal temperature by allowing the fresh cool air to move through it easily.
- The removable cover has zippers and is dust mite resistant and hypoallergenic.
- It improves blood circulation throughout the body.
- It eases breathing by opening your airways. Moreover, it cuts out snoring.
- Size: Standard Size
- Package Dimensions: 14.4 x 5.9 x 5.7 inches
- Item Weight: 3.45 pounds
- Color: Blue&white
Pros & Cons
- Central hollow design
- Breathable foam
- Washable, hypoallergenic cover
- Adjustable support and proper neck and head alignment
- Some customers found it too firm for the ears.
- Not suitable for people with a short neck.
7) Dreaming Wapiti: Best Adjustable Loft-Stomach Side Back Sleeper Pillow
It comes with a premium shredded memory foam. The high-quality foam does not deform easily. It fits the cervical spine and allows you to sleep deeper. The perfect amount of firmness is best for all sleeping positions. Also, the outer bamboo cover maintains a constant and comfortable sleeping temperature. It is quite easy to grab and move around. It contours to your head and adjusts perfectly.
The pillow comes in a thin box. There is a handle on the box with which you can carry it. On unpacking, it fluffs up quite quickly. Also, you will witness some smell, but it goes away in no time. It adjusts wonderfully when you change positions while sleeping. This sleeping mate is ultra-soft and pleasantly firm. Your neck won’t feel strained after using it. The way it shapes, your neck will surely amaze you.
- The cover is hypoallergenic and washable. It is easy to clean.
- The bamboo fiber in the fabric makes it more breathable and softer.
- The adjustable pillow can be opened with zippers.
- It offers great head and neck support
- You will enjoy the ease of maintenance.
- Size: Queen(2-Pack)
- Product Dimensions: 17.9 x 11.4 x 5.8 inches
- Item Weight: 7.25 pounds
Pros & Cons
- Easy and clear instructions
- Cool and Adjustable pillow
- Perfect comfort level
- Gives off some chemical smell on unpacking
- Feels a bit hard in the start
8) GREHOME GR-HM1625-US: Best Contour Pillow With Eco Friendly Inner
It has curved surfaces at both ends that offer a brilliant fit, and due to this, your spine stays in the best position. Moreover, it keeps its shape. The travel bag gives it a nice touch. On unpacking, it regains its original shape within 1-3 days. If it doesn’t get to its original shape, then you can consult the customer service, and they will help you in this regard. The look and fabric of this outstanding product are incredible. It is quite soft to touch and gives you a luxurious feel.
All types of sleepers can use it without any issue. It holds your head perfectly. The look and design are stunning, and the comfort level is fantastic. The middle part sinks your head and gives your neck and head the much-needed support. It is not too thick and also doesn’t get warm too easily. The pillow helps with neck stiffness. Both the larger and smaller sides feel great. It doesn’t make you sweat, and you will fall asleep quickly on it. You can switch positions while sleeping without any discomfort. It is easy to fold and carry too.
- It is made from 40D slow rebound cotton foam.
- It relieves the head, neck, and should pain.
- It stops back pain too.
- The cervical pillow helps in joint strains.
- It maintains a proper posture, and this is helpful in blood circulation.
- It aligns the spine.
- The pillow keeps your muscles relaxed.
- It allows smoother breathing.
- The pillow is skin-friendly.
- The eco-friendly cover is hypoallergenic and prevents strains.
- The cover is washable.
- Size: 16 x 25 x 3.5 / 4.7 inches
- Package Dimensions: 16.6 x 6.8 x 6.8 inches
- Item Weight: 3.5 pounds
Pros & Cons
- Lightweight and flexible
- Adjustable height
- Excellent comfort level
- Breathable and super cool
- A bit flat
- Some customers wished it to be more firm.
9) TravelEase Memory Foam Pillow: Best Budget Pillows for Neck Support & Pain
This cervical pillow keeps you cool and fresh. Moreover, it won’t get flatten with time. It fluffs up quickly on unpackaging. The soft ventilated cover looks impressive with the bedding decor. It allows you to relax and have a comfortable sleep. It has different shapes on the side. These shapes will fit your head and neck perfectly. Moreover, it keeps your spine in a proper posture.
It keeps the neck cooler, and you won’t be sweating while sleeping on it. The contours offer the best volume to your head. Also, memory foam possesses no deformation. You won’t witness any skin irritation with its usage. It is machine washable, and this way, you can get rid of the dust easily. The case comes with solid stitching, and the zippers are flimsy. Its cervical design supports the neck muscle brilliantly.
- It relieves stress, tension, and anxiety.
- The ergonomic curve supports all sleeping postures wonderfully.
- It helps you with shoulder pain and neck stiffness.
- The breathable covers are removable and machine washable.
- This cervical pillow makes you breathe smoothly.
- It prevents bulging in the neck and offers a perfect alignment.
- It relieves muscle tension.
- Its orthopedic design fits all sleepers.
- The super-soft memory foam keeps its shape.
- It keeps the head in a comfortable position and offers a perfect place for the neck.
- The cover is hypoallergenic.
- Product Dimensions: 25 x 15 x 4 inches
- Item Weight: 3 pounds
Pros & Cons
- Soft and plush
- Cushy, comfy and mold-able
- Ease of maintenance
- The innermost cover isn’t removable, i.e., and the last cover has no zippers.
- High edges
10) Coisum BD1578: Best Pillow for Neck Support & Pain With Breathable Surface
This orthopedic pillow is ergonomically designed and comes with a slow rebound. It allows you to sleep without any stress. The pillow cradles your head and offers you enough room so your shoulders fit comfortably. It adjusts to your head’s weight and relieves pressure on the skull. The foam is pretty firm. Also, the bamboo fabric cover offers impressive airflow.
It gives you a soft feeling on the head and neck. Furthermore, it holds your head correctly and in a perfect position. This way, you will wake up refreshed. The armrests prevent your arms from getting pinned and keep them in place. Its case doesn’t hold sweat, and It maintains a nice balance. It is quite firm and soft. The design and quality are brilliant. It stabilizes your sleep movement. Furthermore, it offers great support to your body and makes it enjoy a sound rest.
- It absorbs cervical pressure and offers great neck support.
- The premium quality memory foam has a slow rebound.
- The pillowcase is hypoallergenic and protects you from dust mites.
- It allows easy breathing.
- It has wings that accommodate your head sides.
- The two long edges prevent the user from falling off the pillow.
- The cut-outs on the shorter edges offer you a feel of relaxation.
- It keeps the spine in a naturally curved position.
- Moreover, it keeps you cool by increasing the airflow.
- The pillow eliminates the neck and shoulder stiffness.
- It is CertiPUR-US certified and doesn’t contain any heavy metals or toxic chemicals.
- This sleeping mate reduces morning aches, snoring, and other sleep-related nuances.
- It improves blood circulation.
- Size: 25 x 13 x 4.7 Inch (Pack of 1)
- Product Dimensions: 24.4 x 13 x 4.7 inches
- Item Weight: 2.9 pounds
Pros & Cons
- High level of breath-ability
- Shoulder cutaways
- Adjustable height
- The side grooves might not accommodate the people with longer arms.
- Some customers complained that the foam is a bit hard.
Buyer’s Guide Tips to Choose the Best Pillows for Neck Support, Pain & Headaches
The neck connects the head to the rest of the body; it contains various structures of immense significance such as muscles, bones, tendons, fascia, ligaments, nerves, and, most importantly, spinal cord (part of the central nervous system). The neck carries head with the support of just seven small cervical vertebrae.
Muscles move the neck in various directions. Ligaments and tendons stabilize the neck during these movements. The spinal cord passes through cervical vertebrae, conveys messages from the body to higher centers (i.e., brain). To upkeep the neck, these structures should be in good working order. Any compression or uneasiness can alter the biomechanics of the neck results in various neck problems.
Pillows have a significant influence on neck stability; improper pillows can affect adversely on the cervical spine, cause aches and pains in your neck and shoulder when you wake up from sleep. Here we discuss the tips to choose the best pillows to support the neck.
Either hard, soft, or firm. Hard pillows can be used for other purposes, but for sleeping purpose soft, firm pillows should be used in order to maintain neck stability. Proper contouring provides a well-supported area for neck throughout the night.
Filling of the pillow:
Pillows may be filled with wool, latex, cotton, polyester, shredded foam, Styrofoam, memory foam. The higher the amount of filling, the better the longevity of the pillow, and the greater will be its quality.
- Huge or extra-large pillows elevate neck awfully leads to aches and pains in the neck region. You can try the full body pillows for an added support.
- A normal-sized pillow with an accurate size of the cover is good for neck comfort.
Buy a pillow that is suitable for your sleeping style, whether you are a back sleeper or a side sleeper.
- Back sleepers prefer thin pillows.
- The round pillow supports the natural curvature of the spine; add a flatter pillow for cushioning your head.
- Side sleepers pillow needs to be firm.
- A feather pillow is good for both side and back sleepers.
- To reduce the hip pain you can have the knee support pillow.
- And stomach sleepers need a soft pillow. But sleeping on your stomach puts pressure on your spine.
Pillows can make your mornings delightful or painful. Higher pillows or too lower pillows constantly contract the muscles of side flexion of the neck of one side overnight, this causes the muscles to be stiffed and painful. Nerve plexus in the neck is of enormous importance, they conduct impulses from the body and to the body, continuously in one position will compress some of the nerves leading to symptoms like tingling, prickling, loss of sensation on certain body parts supplied by the compressed nerves.
Choose a pillow of suitable height, measure the length from your neck to shoulder, and find the pillow compatible to the height. Maintenance of the natural curve of the cervical spine is necessary; for this purpose, the back, the sleeper can use a rounded pillow with an extension to support the head. Also it is essential to lay correctly on the pillow otherwise you wont be able to have a proper posture. The best pillows for neck support & pain will help you get rid of this stress and pain. This way, you will enjoy a sound and relaxed sleep.